This qualification covers the skills and knowledge necessary to perform a wide range of tasks on various light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
Business and commercial performance
Certificate iii in automotive mechanical technology light vehicle prepares new employees to perform mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle repair and service industry or recognizes and develops existing workers.
These classifications are:
Light Automotive Mechanic Engineer.
Applications for the exam:
This level is suitable for the Australian learning process.
Anyone who has completed Certificate II in Automotive Service Technology, Certificate II in Vehicle Career Preparation or other related qualifications may receive credit for the certificate iii in automotive mechanical technology light vehicle online exam.
Additional training courses for this qualification include Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnostics, Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Inspection, or other related qualifications.
License / Regulatory Information
There are no specific licenses associated with this rating. However, some units of this rating may have licensing or regulatory requirements depending on the employment situation. Check local regulations for details.
Conditions of participation
This rating can be accessed by entering it directly.
Job Skills Assessment Summary
The following table summarizes the job descriptions identified by the auto industry for this class. The aspects of employment technology described here are a wide range of industry requirements that may vary depending on eligible packaging options.
Communicate verbal and non-verbal information and ideas at work with colleagues, including the use of automotive terminology
- Create job reports
Use and contribution of procedures at work.
- Maintenance of labour records
- Contact colleagues and clients for clarification of instructions and verbal inquiries, such as responding to requests for information.
- The client needs interpretation
- Read and interpret working documents.
- Identify and describe your role and the role of others.
- Collaboration with other people and groups.
- Efficiently complete activities by applying role knowledge to support team activities and tasks
- Problem resolution
- Be aware of and take action on a workplace or potential problems.
- Determine problems that require priority action
- Mention the problem outside your area of responsibility and give a possible cause.
- Information and support for troubleshooting.
- Using a variety of troubleshooting techniques
- Action to solve the problem.
- Develop practical responses to common deficiencies in workplace systems and procedures.
- Initiatives and companies
- Adapt to emerging situations at work
- Be active and creative in responding to the challenges, changes, and challenges of the workplace.
- Planning and organization
- Plan your work requirements and prioritize your work to achieve the results you need and get your work done on time.
- Identify hazards and take steps to minimize them.
- Selection and use of adequate equipment, materials, processes and procedures.
- Know the limitations and seek advice promptly.
- Plan your work requirements, schedule your work, and manage time to get your work done on time.
- Comply with workplace documents, such as work rules and operating procedures.
- Request information
- Identify sources of information, support, and experience to expand your knowledge, skills, and understanding.
- Participate in self-improvement activities
- Get involved in developing continuous improvement strategies for the workplace.
- Help others develop skills.
- Operation of diagnostic and test equipment.
- Components, systems and performance test equipment.
- Use tools and equipment efficiently and safely
- Storage and management of parts, components, tools, test equipment and support equipment.
- Collect, analyse and communicate information using business technology.
To be eligible for this qualification, you must demonstrate proficiency in 36 competitions. Visit Skills Certified Australia to find out more details.